Monday, October 09, 2006

Marijuanas Affect The Memories!

CNN just told me here that marijuana affects the memory. From the CNNs it states:
New research shows that the active ingredient in marijuana may prevent the progression of the disease by preserving levels of an important neurotransmitter that allows the brain to function.

Apparently, marijuanas can make you remember things longer into your lifetime. All you need to do is eat this wonderful new drug and Alzheimer's will be made to go away.

Now, I'm no expert on drugs or anything (someone once said they thought I was a pharmacist, but I'm fairly sure this is not true, although I don't know how to become a pharmacist, so maybe I really am one...?), but the film called "Half Baked" led me to believe that marijuanas can make you forgetful. Half Baked, in case you have not seen it, is a documentary on the real-life troubles faced by one man who accidentally kills a horse cop (note: it's a horse who is a cop, not a half-man, half-horse cop) and the love of his friends who wish to get him out of the prison.

Anyway, maybe Mr. Anderson Cooper can explain this difficulties for us. I think he is busy right now in the Africa, but when he comes back, he will probably help to explain this troubling issue for us. Until then, let's keep up the fight against the Alzheimer's!

No comments: